Non-profits and NGOs need a team of committed security personnel to protect the lives of not only aid workers, but the lives of displaced families and refugees at risk in highly contentious environments. Blue Hackle’s attentiveness and flexibility to rapidly changing conditions ensures that aid is distributed and progress continues, day by day. We provide these services discreetly, professionally, and globally.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR CHALLENGES
Blue Hackle understands your challenges. Because you go where the need is greatest and the risks are high, your work includes daily threats of volatile and unstable situations in fragile environments. Poverty, extremism, civil unrest, migration, and the breakdown of law all can endanger the lives of your personnel and deter your mission to better the lives of others. The security challenges for Non-profits and NGOs may include the following:
- Environmental Hazards. During disasters or crisis situations, infrastructure such as roads and sanitation are often compromised and will impact your ability to deliver relief and keep constant contact with your people.
- Protection of People. Humanitarian efforts may be viewed as a threat to those who wish to use unstable situations as an opportunity; they may commit acts of violence against your staff if they view them as an obstacle to gaining power.
- Protection of Assets. In communities of extreme poverty, assets such as medicine, food, or building materials may be at risk of theft and looting.
- Rapidly Changing Conditions. Sudden migrations and movements of refugees may lead to tense and volatile environments that may ignite long-standing animosities between cultures.
- Cultural Challenges. Misunderstanding the cultural nuances of a region could result in poor relationships with the local populace and governance.
- Logistics. Aid and relief supplies deployed rapidly to areas in need may never reach their destination due to combat zones, IEDs, or other unforeseen barriers.
- Political & Economic Instability. Destabilized regions present uncertainty and conditions that demand immediate response from a local response team.
- Emergency Situations. Destruction of sensitive assets and emergency evacuations to secure locations may be necessary in times of crisis or natural disasters.
PERSONNEL TO MEET YOUR CHALLENGES
Blue Hackle has the personnel to meet your challenges. Non-profits and NGOs have complex personnel security and asset protection requirements that demand security that both your organization and local population knows and trusts. Since 2004, Blue Hackle employees helped secure humanitarian organizations in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Lebanon, Yemen, Syria, and Haiti. Our staff includes experienced UK and U.S. Expats who are knowledgeable and have extensive Special Operations, intelligence, security, anti-terrorism, and counter-terrorism credentials. Our personnel will:
- Work closely with your organization to provide real-time understanding of the environment and security risks associated with distributing aid or ensuring the success of your mission.
- Maintain a deliberately low-profile security presence and low-profile movements avoid conflicts, and minimize violence against personnel or theft of property of much-needed medical supplies and aid.
- Work by, with, and through local governments and the populace to achieve buy-in and maintain a reliable workforce.
We recruit, train, and retain only the highest caliber security personnel and other professionals to secure lives, protect assets, and reduce risk. Please click here for more information about why Blue Hackle leadership and staff are qualified to help you with all your Non-profit and/or NGO security needs.
LOWERING YOUR RISK
Blue Hackle will lower your risk. The most effective security is multi-layered and multi-dimensional. Multi-layered security is the physical, human, and electronic means to manage, mitigate, and minimize security risks. Multi-dimensional security involves security capabilities beyond mitigating immediate risks. Blue Hackle has pioneered this form of analysis and operational technique, and will optimize it to your industry to meet your security needs. We provide these services discreetly, professionally, and globally.
- Command & Control Centers. Centers are located in Dubai, Iraq and Afghanistan, but we also have extensive teaming relationships, which extends our ability to cover your geographic specifications.
- Vehicles and Equipment Procurement Services. Procurement and maintenance of a fleet of site compliant, low-profile armored vehicles globally.
- Life Support Services. Life Support services are available to individuals, small groups or larger ones either traveling temporarily in country or staying for an extended time.
- Protective Security Details (PSD). Our trained and expert teams of drivers are always local, always trained, and always have the proper licenses and registrations. They are deployed with expatriate management and trained medics. We understand the site specific standards and are always compliant.
- Management and Training. Our full-spectrum of static and PSD skills include training in tactical driving, counter-insurgency, counter-intelligence, human rights, low-profile movements, Rules of Engagement, communications, combat first aid, language proficiency, weapons handling and marksmanship, and community relations.
- Interpreters. Local and Expatriate interpreters assist with local language and knowledge of local culture.
- Corporate Outreach/Communications. Local partnership relationship building services that ensures we work by, with, and through local governments and the populace to achieve buy-in and maintain a reliable workforce.
- Real-time Risk Assessments. Provide risk assessment briefings based on real-time conditions and train personnel on in-theater conditions prior to daily deployment.
- Mobile Security Deployments. Specialized team of locals and expatriates provide low-profile mobile security and personal security detail and can assist persons in danger, even in rapid response situations and in disparate locations.
- Equipment Management. Oversees proper functioning and operation of equipment including but not limited to CCTV systems, monitoring, electronic and remote sensors, intruder alert systems, radio communications equipment, GPS, and Unattended Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
- Telecommunications. Providing compliant and interoperable SAT-COM ready vehicles equipped with In Vehicle Management Systems (IVMS), satellite phones, and radios. Operate radio communications systems and ensure all users of equipment are linked on hand held VHF or HF radio sets and/or vehicle mounted radios.
BRINGING ADDED VALUE
Blue Hackle brings added value. Blue Hackle operates globally and has considerable strength and experience protecting personnel and assets for Non-profits/NGOs. We are currently providing this service globally and know the major challenges that affect relief, aid, and social services agencies. Our integrated delivery of outreach, engagement, and security will enable you to operate successfully in fractured and traumatized societies. We are committed to protect the lives of not only your personnel, but the lives of displaced families and refugees at risk in the highly contentious environments where you work. Our attentiveness and flexibility in adapting to rapidly changing conditions will ensure that aid is distributed and progress continues without interruptions. We are dedicated to secure your lives, secure your humanitarian mission, and secure your success in the future.
Our commitment to our corporate philosophy is what allows us to bring this added value to you. Learn more about the Blue Hackle philosophy here.